Thursday, October 23, 2008

Contemporary

I've been thinking about what it means to be contemporary, and I feel strongly that contemporary means "present moment", but also unique, original, and personal. Perhaps "personal" is closest to what I'm looking for to capture my thinking. My desire is to share ideas, and engage in making things. Realistically; this requires a lot of trust, focus, and common desire. The "personal" aspect distinguishes present from past and future projection. Personal has more power because it has the risk of invention.


The reason we occasionally use the word, "contemporaries" is an expression of movement, and acknowledgement of a common path. We exist is the same stream of ideas, and also of implementation. What a joy to discover a contemporary, and how delightful to actually work together!

Interesting that our contemporaries are worldwide, yet we tend to bump into each other often. This is the fleeting flow of words, and images. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very good for trade show decorate.
Fusion style, I have been seen a lot of these at convention before. it is very nice and when you pack it, it does not take lot of space, only in a little bag.
I LIKE IT.